July 12, 2014

Chemo Silver Linings: Chemo Curl and More

What with the brittle nails, nausea, and low energy, I would not wish chemo on anyone.

But I was surprised to find out how many silver linings there were when I recently went through a round for a few months.

1. Friend bringing dinner. I am a people person and was extremely happy when many friends (and some folks I didn't even know) offered to bring dinner for me and my family. I had a policy to say YES to everyone who offered. Even better than the nutrition was the chance to have time with friends for dinner... and no cooking!

2. The reminder to say No. Sometimes I forget that I can't do everything. With chemo, and 8 pm bedtime, I had to cut out a lot. The chemo let me say "No" without feeling guilty.

3. Chemo curl. My hair is normally straight. Pin straight. I was disproportionately happy to discover that my post-chemo hair is coming in with a nice little wave to it.

You just never know where the silver linings are going to come from. What are your silver linings?






No comments:

Post a Comment