April 27, 2010

I love my tamoxifen, do you?

Does anyone else out there secretly like tamoxifen? Not just because it reduces the risk (and fear) of a recurrence.

The day I started taking tamoxifen I felt a little bit perkier. Could it be the estrogen replacement effects on some of my forty five year old cells that needed a little pseudo-estrogen buzz?

The hot flashes did come on as promised. But I like them. I remember reading that hot flashes are power surges (was it a Hallmark card?) and I think of them that way.

Hot flashes are like my body saying "hey there, we still have some fire."

And tamoxifen definitely has increased my metabolism. Unfortunately it also makes me hungry all the time, so no weight loss, but at least I can eat more and not gain too much.

OK, that's just looking at the bright side, but after cancer, why look at the dark side any more than you have to?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment