June 3, 2009

Hawaii Two Times in Six Months

How lucky can I get?

One year ago, if you had told me I would go to Hawaii twice in 2009 I would have thought you were crazy.

And if you had told me I'd be diagnosed with cancer, and feel grateful for the experience, I'd ask you to check yourself in to St. Elizabeths, the local mental institution.

Life is strange.

In February, my sister and her hubby donated their frequent flier miles so that Max, Eric and I could go visit them in HI.

Now I am preparing for another trip, to help my sister after her baby is born. Turns out I had my own frequent flier miles I had forgotten about.

If not for the cancer I would still be working full time, with not enough vacation for one trip let alone two. I wouldn't have the realization that family is more important than frequent fliers in the bank. My sister wouldn't have had the idea to donate her miles to me.

I'm grateful. Maybe I'm the one who needs a trip to St E's. But on second thought, I'll take Hawaii instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment