June 3, 2009

Cancer Thriver Hall of Fame

I am inspired by other Cancer Thrivers. I'd like to give a shout out to some of my role models who showed me that life can be rich living with cancer during treatment or after treatment--regardless of stage:

Rachel King, my dear friend who beat the odds by living several years with Stage 4 breast cancer. During that time she wrote two books, got married and became a step mom, bought a house, worked for the ACLU, and was a spiritual mentor for me and many others. She died last year in hospice.

Lance Armstrong, who I have not met, but whose very life gives hope to all who get a cancer diagnosis, and who lets us know that we can and should still dream big and aim as high as we can.

My mom, Bridget, who lived less than a year beyond her diagnosis with breast cancer, but did her best to be a great mother, wife, daughter, worker, and friend during that time. Hope did not save her life but it reminded us to never give up.


Rachel, Lance, Bridget, you are hereby inducted into the Cancer Thrivers Hall of Fame. Rachel, presente. Lance, presente. Bridget, presente. Anonymous Thrivers, presente.

Know any Cancer Thrivers? Please give them a shout out on the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment