June 1, 2009

Fresh start on June 1

It's June 1 and feels like the most beautiful day ever. Here in Washington, DC, it's warm but not hot, low humidity, a nice breeze. The tomatoes I transplanted over the weekend seem to be doing well. I can hear the kids playing at the school across the street.

Since I quit my job because of the cancer, I've been thinking of a complete career change, a fresh start. But what?

My past career was in nonprofit management but the management side got a little tiresome.

So now I am exploring some new and different paths:

Writing a novel (have one half way done)
Becoming a poetry teacher (I lead poetry workshops now as a volunteer)
Coaching interns or others (just starting a part time job as an intern coach this summer)

Plus finding fun things to do with my son who is 3. Mommie and me music class. Swimming together with a purple noodle. Writing books together made from stapled together paper. Who knew not working full time would be so great? Why did it take cancer for me to have this realization?

No comments:

Post a Comment