August 20, 2014

Cancer Thriver Flotilla -- What is Your Thrive?

According to the American Cancer Society, there are about 13.7 million cancer survivors living in the US.

That probably includes your neighbor, one of your kid's teachers, and a family member. Maybe even you!

Every day, cancer becomes a more treatable disease. Treatments are less drastic, and even incurable cancer has become, in many cases, a chronic illness rather than a short term death sentence.

As more and more of us survive cancer, I think it's time to change our mentality from cancer survivors to Cancer Thrivers. That's why -- even though I am still in treatment for breast cancer -- I am planning to become the first person to Stand Up Paddle from the Anacostia River in DC to Mt Vernon, VA this Labor Day Weekend, August 30-31, 2014.

I'll embark on this journey with about 20 friends and supporters who will join me by canoe, bike, walking and at least one other SUPer (my friend Martin Weil, at left in the photo above).

To join us, see details in the post below, and email me zaharapeace@gmail.com.

What is your Thrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment