May 25, 2012

Lotsa Helping Hands, Even When I Feel Good

If you look at me, I don't look sick. I don't feel sick. In fact, the treatment for my breast cancer is going so well that I feel great.

But I still use the Lotsa Helping Hands website to help me thrive. Why?

1. The spiritual/social side of healing. For me, healing is not just what's going on with my body. It is my mind, my heart, and my soul. The community of Lotsa Helping Hands keeps me close with friends and thus keeps my spirits high.


2. Exercise is medicine. My docs tell me that exercise may extend my life. Let's face it, I am not going out for a jog at 715 am... unless a friend rings the bell with sneakers on.

3. Cancer is about living. I read recently in the wonderful book, How Can I Help?: Everyday Ways to Help Your Loved Ones Live with Cancerthat dying is the last few days of life. Everything else is living, whether or not we have cancer. Lotsa Helping Hands helps me live.

4. My friends want to know how I am doing. Lotsa lets me keep everyone posted on developments, and when I need help, whether it is a home cooked meal, or just to see the face of a friend.

Thanks to those who created Lotsa for helping us to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment